Labrador Retriever Breeder Gallatin Valley, Montana
Bayside Labs abides by the Labrador Retriever Club, Inc. Code of Conduct
1. The breeder shall recognize that the breed has an original form and function as a working gun dog.
2.The breeder shall recognize that temperament is a hallmark of the breed and shall never condone aggressive behavior.
3.The breeder shall have been actively involved in the breed for a minimum of 5 (five) years and belong to a least one (1) other American Kennel Club (AKC) recognized dog club.
4. The Breeder shall offer information on health issues facing this breed-hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, eye diseases, seizures, heart diseases, neuromuscular disorders, and the uncommon occurrence of aggressive behavior.
5. The breeder shall screen all breeding stock for heritable diseases and use only those dogs in their breeding program that have received the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) permanent clearances given at or after 24 months of age on hips and elbows; an American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologist (ACVO) eye clearance within the year prior to breeding. In addition, it is highly recommended to the LRC member breeder to screen breeding stock for Exercise Induced Collapse (EIC) and Centronuclear Myopathy (CNM) and Cardiac conditions.
6. The Breeder shall provide pedigree information and health reports confirming the hip, eye and elbow status of their dogs.
7. The breeder shall screen all buyers for their ability and intent to properly care for a dog.
8. The breeder shall provide a written contract outlining the terms and duration of any guarantees or restrictions on the use of the dog.
9. The breeder shall insist on the right of first refusal of the original owner wishes to re-home the dog.
10. The breeder shall define the use of “Limited Registration” and sell all puppies on limited registration or a spay/neuter agreement unless specific written requirements are met.